The NANOSMAT Society
The NANOSMAT Society (TNS) has been set up to serve the needs of the NANO community. TNS is designed to provide an effective and stimulating platform for international people to foster, develop and promote communication, education, networking, dissemination of knowledge, research and innovations in all aspects of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
The NANOSMAT Society aims to:
- Promote all aspects of nanoscience and nanotechnology
- Educate and bring awareness to people about nanotechnology and its impact on society and the world which we live in
- Raise, discuss and debate nano-related issues, including government policies on nanotechnology
- Facilitate liaisons and coalitions to help advance the Society’s goals
- Offer society memberships to people
- Organise international NANO related conferences
- Provide an effective advertising platform for companies to promote their business
- Promote education and training through organising workshops, short educational courses, seminars, etc
- Bringing to the front, current and most recent up-to-date scientific and technical information to the public
- Alert people about new job opportunities relating to nanotechnology
- Publish magazines, reports and newsletters
Categories of membership & MEMBERSHIP FEES:
£10 (€15) / per annum
- Any individual pursuing an undergraduate/graduate or an individual with a PhD/MSc or equivalent in any of the disciplines associated with or integral to nanoscience and nanotechnology.
£70 (€100) / per annum
- Any individual who demonstrates interest in affiliation with the society.
Professional Member (MNS)
£80 (€110) / per annum
- The professional member of the society will be able to use the letters “MNS” after their name.
Fellow Member (FNS)
£100 (€140) / per annum
- The “Fellow” membership category offered by the society is its highest level of membership. The Fellow member will be able to use the letters “FNS” after his/her name.
Benefit of Membership:
- 20% discount on registration fees for all NANOSMAT events
- Submit papers for consideration for publication in any of the journal special issues dedicated for NANOSMAT conference papers
- NANOSMAT has negotiated with "One Central Press", an open access publishing company to give TNS members a 20% discount when publishing in their books and journals
- 20% discount on all sponsorship packages and advertisement activities
- The Professional TNS members (Professional Members and Fellows) are given a personal NANOSMAT email account (webmail)
- Complementary subscription to the official NANOSMAT Magazine called NANO WORLD
- 20% discount to advertise in NANO World
- Professional profile in NANO World (for Fellow Members only)
- Expanding your network of specialist contacts
HOW TO JOIN:
In order to become a member of The NANOSMAT Society you will need to make an application.
To Download the application form click here.
Once you have completed the application form email it to us with your up to date CV to: email@example.com
Forms can also be posted to: The NANOSMAT Society, One Central Park, Northampton Road, Manchester M40 5BP, United Kingdom.